This Handbook exists to bridge the gap between social activism and personal transformation work. In it you will find practical steps for connecting to your own life’s purpose and making a bigger impact in the world.
“We often fear that the Revolution needed is too big for what we can give. Too much change is required inside, outside. And we are too small. But all that is required is that you step into the truth of your life. And speak it, write it, paint it, dance it. That you shine your light on your truth, for the world to see. And as hundreds, then thousands, then millions do this—each sparking the courage of yet more—suddenly we have a world alight with truth.” —Lucy H. Pearce, Burning Woman
You are invited to share a 15 second video of yourself stating your purpose. We will review and share on the @purposetothepeople instagram account. Please create one of yourself and share this opportunity with your friends as well. @purposetothepeople exists to connect a global community of changemakers and to create support for each other’s work in the world.
1) Take it on your iphone/smart phone in horizontal format
2) Position your face approx on one of the two blue dots to fit our visual format - see below example
3) Try to avoid background noise
4) Don’t say you’re name – we’ll tag you and/or write your name in the post
5) Begin the video by saying “My purpose is…”
6) Submit your video by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org - include your instagram handle and that of any purposeful organizations you work with